Specifications PA-12 filament*
- Diameter: 1.75mm
- Weight: 1kg
- Print temperature: 260-275°C
- Melt temperature: 250°C
- Print bed temperature: 110-130°C
- Storage: cool & dry (15-25°C), away from UV light
- Needs to be dried: a guideline for drying is 60˚C for ± 8 hours
- Standard print settings available
* The values are a indication for the print materials, no rights can be derived from this information.
What is PA-12 (nylon) filament?
PA-12 stands for Polyamide-12. This filament falls under the nylon filaments. Nylon is popular in the plastics industry. It is a strong and semi-flexible material with a high wear resistance. Different types of nylon filament are available.
Many nylons are made with nylon 6 or nylon 6/6. Although these nylons are easy to handle and very strong, they can lack the necessary stiffness for many applications. PA-12 is made of nylon 12 resin and is therefore a high quality filament with high rigidity.
Nylon is known for its toughness in combination with flexibility. It is ideal for products that require both firmness and some flexibility, such as prostheses. It can be used in environments with a temperature up to about 90 degrees.
Tip: Looking for toughness in combination with flexibility? Choose nylon.
By the purchase of dddrop PA-12 filament you will receive the dddrop filament print settings.